Quickbooks - QBSearchIndexerError.txt Filling Your Hard Drive
Is your Quickbooks QBSearchIndexerError.txt filling up your hard drive? Here the is the solution to resolve this problem that can slowly creep up!
- Backup your Quickbooks Company Files
- Close Quickbooks
- Delete QBSearchIndexerError.txt file.
- If the file is in use, kill dbextclr11 with Task Manager.
- In the directory holding your .QBW file, look for the associated SearchIndex folder “[CompanyFile].QBW.SearchIndex” Delete all the files in that folder.
- Open Quickbooks, goto Edit -> Preferences -> Search -> Company Preferences, click [Update Now]. This might take a while.
- Check on the file size of QBSearchIndexerError.txt